Wednesday 4 November 2015

My Weekends

On Sunday I went to Papatoetoe because I had to perform a Indian dance with my two cousins called Anju and Seema and my sister Anamika.  We all  practiced our dance at Sunday school.  

Sunday school is where Indian kids can go if they want to learn more about there culture and want to learn there  language.  We had to practice our dance every Sunday and every day at home after school. 

 When it was the day for us to perform, we had to wear Indian dresses.  My dress was blue , green and a little bit of brown.  We also had to put makeup on.  My mum and my aunty said we all looked beautiful.  

When we reached Papatoetoe we had to wait for 1 hour to have our turn to perform.  

After a while we noticed that we had to perform the whole song, which was a problem because we had only practiced half the song.  When it was our turn to perform, we were so nervous because we had to perform the whole song without any practice. But guess what we made it to the end without making any mistakes! 

At the end everybody was cheering for us and also a news reporter was taking photographs of us.  We were so happy and so proud of ourselves because we had made it to the end without any practices or any mistakes. 

 Later on we were told that an Indian super star was going to come, he's called Raju Shrivastav. When he came I could not believe that he was actually there.  I got to have a high five from him and a handshake.

 While he was saying some funny things because he is a comedian, he asked me a few questions and said I was smart.  Unfortunately the came to an end and we had to go home but my mum said my cousins were allowed to have a  sleepover at our house. 

Image result for raju shrivastav

 I felt proud of myself.


No comments: