Thursday 23 July 2015

Tree Planting

Today me and my whole class went to plant trees.  I was so excited.  We went behind the field to plant the trees.

First we had to get into groups of two.  I was with Emma S.

Then we had to get a shovel.  There were black and orange shovels.  We chose a black shovel.  We both had turns digging.  We had to plant our trees on the slope by the fence.  There were three people  helping everybody called Anna, Paul and Carl.  We had to put a round blue thing called fertilizer pellet before we put the plant in because it helps the plant grow taller and faster.  When I Emma and I were planting we saw a big fat wriggly worm.  We got so scared.  We called paul and he took the worm in his hand and then went away. Mrs M and Teryn were taking photos.  There were plants like toi toi, flax and cabbage tree.

Finally it was time to go.  We washed our hands  and went to class to get changed because we had to wear something else so we don't get our uniform dirty.  My shoes were really muddy so I took them off.

I felt tired because we had to work really hard to plant the trees.  Overall I thought that it was a BRILLIANT day. My favourite part was when we had to dig.  I am looking forward to doing this again.
                                                                         
 
My Reflection

I was learning to add detail to my story to give the reader more information.  
I also used  some adjectives to discribe things.
I added my thoughts about the day.  My next step is to add some wow words.


No comments: